Friday, September 27, 2013

This week, Bill Clinton had some words of praise for Vladimir Vladimirovich. Well, he isn't the only prominent Westerner who has a compliment--or observation--or two about him:

Vladimir Putin, Through Western Eyes (Photo Essay) | News | The Moscow Times
Tony Blair: One thing happened which I often recalled to myself in future years. Vladimir and I walked through the beautiful corridors of the magnificent 19th-century building. In a similar situation in the U.K., I would have been greeting people, shaking hands, engaging and being engaged; with Vladimir I noticed people fell back as he approached, not in fear or anything; but a little in awe and with reverence. It was a tsar-like moment and I thought: Hmm, their politics really isn't like ours at all. (St. Petersburg, 2000) 

No comments: