Monday, March 4, 2013

Kudos to Putin for signing new anti-smoking law

Vladimir Vladimirovich, maybe my last post came across as a bit harsh, so I hope this one may make up for it.

When I finally was able to pick up the pieces from the past and return to Moscow in November 2011, RT decided to squeeze me in for a little soundbyte in exchange for dinner.

I was excited, because the elections were coming up, and I loved nothing more than to talk about the Russian presidency. So we had a pile of topics on pieces of paper, which we discussed prior to the live shot.

Instead of talking about the elections, they asked me about how Russia is dealing with smoking.



Watch from 5:00 to 7:00

I was irritated that RT steered so far, far away from politics, even though I was probably harmless in the eyes of the Russian government.

Seriously, RT?

But I can't blame Vladimir Vladimirovich. After all, he kept his word, and signed the anti-smoking law.

Hell has been scheduled to freeze over in June.

No comments: