Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Revisiting the past

People think I don't live in the past. I guess for most part, no.

But I do take a long time to get over things. Or to forgive people--or whatever it is they have been asking me to do to my enemies--for that matter. 

Nobody likes Russia.

You love, or hate it. Most likely both.

So it took me quite a few years before I got over my loser life there and went to revisit Russia in November 2011.

It wasn't so bad. In fact, I finally got to enjoy the things I never got to do because I was too busy trying to make ends meet, and fighting a losing battle with the bureaucracy. Hell, I couldn't even afford film, or a digital camera. So I was glad to finally spend days just wandering around the city and taking photos.






I also finally got to go to a DDT concert. I absolutely adore Yuri Shevchuk and DDT.


I still get goosebumps when I recall those moments during the concert.

Shevchuk has always been anti-Kremlin, and isn't exactly chummy with Vladimir Vladimirovich

I'd so kill to get in the same room (maybe in this kitchen) with both of them and sit in the crossfire of frenzied debate!




No comments: