Monday, January 30, 2012

The Anti-Putin

Okay, who's got a case of the Mondays? What? Did I hear "Ya ne polnedelnik!"? Ok, never mind.

Working on the face and running into a bit of trouble as I didn't focus on the eyes first. 
One mistake that I did was not to do the eyes first--because the eyes are everything in a portrait. I'm not sure why I didn't do that. So I'm leaving this for a couple of days to dry so I can rework the eyes. Anyway...

Lets talk about the Putin haters today, because we're all supposed to be grumpy on "polnedelnik"s. 

My favourite Putin hater is DDT frontman Yuri Shevchuk. Yes, I still love people who hate Putin. We will talk about him another time. Right now I want to bring your attention to someone who is indeed running against Putin in the elections.

Please welcome oligarch, Family man, Kremlin chum and critic (Confused? So are we.) and presidential hopeful, Mikhail Prokhov! 

His campaign line? Lets check his Twitter. Oh, here. “My task in this election is to become the main Anti-Putin.”

Seriously? Is that all he has to offer? 

I don't mind that he is anti-Putin, but making that a goal in itself is short-sighted and stupid. And does anyone trust that a man who has acquired his wealth through the shady privatization mess in the 1990s?

At this point, I throw my hands up and chuck him in the same bin as Communist Gennady Zyuganov and LDPR's Vladimir Zhirinovsky. Now they are no longer one clown short of a circus.

But the show isn't over. Stay tuned. 

No comments: